Wednesday 31 July 2013

Wet area tiling

I went and met the tiler on-site yesterday to check the tiles, grout and grates, I'm pretty sure it was what we picked.  The floor tiles are ceramic tiles Fidama Ash 330x330 and the wall tiles are Tempo Ice 330x500 laid horizontal.  Our SS was there as well and gave me an update on what's happening and what's booked in next.  It's great to have a SS that's so on the ball and positive about the build and MJH. 

Today is my birthday, my kids took me for afternoon tea and then we thought we would go and have a sneak peek at the house.  The tiler was still working at 4pm so we got to go and have a look. He had levelled all the floors, I didn't realise what went into tiling the wet areas.  He had tiled the ensuite and just about finished the main bathroom. I got a picture of the ensuite and I really like the tiles and now you can se how big it really is.


The skiting boards and other Lin 1 doors aren't on yet, maybe they are waiting for the tiling to finish now.  All the power points and holes for the lights have been cut out, we are booked in for painting next week, fingers crossed.

I got the plans for the house that is being built on the block behind us, its a MJH of course but not the same as ours and I'm very happy it's single story, not that it's close to us really only 37m away ha ha.  Hoping we will still be able to see the little mountain still from our back doors.  It will be good to have some neighbours even though the boys had decided their block was the cricket pitch and the block next to us is their footy field.

No comments:

Post a Comment